Some years ago, after a heart operation to replace a wonky aortic valve, I had an experience with angels that I want to share with you.
I had woken up in the ICU unit post-operation with unbelievable pain in my chest. I would have rated the pain at a 9 to 9.5 out of 10. And while my pain threshold may not be the highest on the planet, it would be above average.
When asked if I needed pain relief, I simply nodded and was given morphine via injection. It didn’t make any difference. I just thought "I can't deal with this amount of pain!".
Some time later (I don’t know how long), a voice somewhere inside of me said “why don’t you ask for help?”. Good idea I thought. So in deep desperation I prayed.
Two wispy forms descended immediately from somewhere up near the ceiling, one each side of me. Two angels placed their hands underneath my arms and lifted me up. I didn’t physically move, although it felt like I had.
Instantly the pain dropped from 9.5 back down to a 3 or 4.
Now that I could handle! I breathed a sigh of relieve and expressed silent gratitude.
The voice came again.
“What took you so long to ask?”.
I didn’t have an answer for that. Maybe the real answer was “well, I forgot”. What a dummy. I forgot to do what I already KNEW to do.
From that point on, I knew I was going to be ok. I healed rapidly.
The heart condition had came out of the blue, got suddenly worse and I came close to the edge. I really thought I could fix it myself (the ego taking over).
I eventually realised I needed to "ask" for help. And while I had to sort out the emotion behind the physical issue, I did need the surgeons skill to sort the physical elements out.
In situations such as this, don’t get caught in ego. Ask for help when you need it. And don’t limit the avenues the Universe has at its disposal to help you by thinking you'll do it "your way".
The whole event was a huge learning curve for me and a reminder that we learn from the challenges life brings before us, not the joyful times that we all long for.
Some hints when asking for help:
- Don’t waste time by asking your helpers for menial things like a parking space. Ask for more meaningful things.
- Be aware your unconscious mind is much more powerful than your conscious mind. If your sense of self value is low, no amount of conscious asking will get you what you request. Sort out your self worth issues - this will allow your unconscious to work with you not against you.
- Remember, when asking the universe for help, you need to add “may this only occur if it be for my highest good”. This will block things you think you need but actually don’t.
- Have a deep need for help (like I did in my story). Your prayer has real power when you really need help.
- Adopt the prayer position, The Council Of 12 advises. Kneel on the floor and place your elbows on the bed, hands in the prayer position and head bowed as if you are a tiny child. This takes your ego out of the picture. The Council Of 12 says this is the most powerful position to pray from.
Go for it.