The following is advice from The Council of 12 at the recent Psychic Development workshop (workshop 3 in the Soul and Ego series).
There are four aspects to achieve balance in life. To do them requires discipline:
1. Spiritual Balance
- Meditate twice daily 20 minutes morning and night.
- Watch and listen.
- Act without thought of reward.
- Live in the moment.
2. Personal Balance
- Make time for you and only you.
- Seek solitude regularly and be with your thoughts.
- Do what is right for you, not what is popular or expected.
- Be generous with your time and deeds towards others.
- Offer advice only when asked.
- Eat foods that nurture your soul and nourish your body.
- Have personal goals. Write them down and put them on display so that you can see them every day.
- Take regular exercise twice daily. Do what you enjoy: yoga, brief gentle gym sessions, walking, swimming etc.
- Use your intuition.
3. Work Balance
- Work provides you with income that allows you to achieve your goals but you are more than what you do for an income.
- Work teaches you about your true self. Most people are different at home than they are at work. Watch how you change into different aspects of yourself.
- Work provides you with insights and lessons about yourself. Look, listen and learn.
- Be the same person at work as you are at home.
4. Recreation Balance
- Recreation is time away. It is doing what you enjoy, just for you.
- It must be for genuine enjoyment, amusement or pleasure.
Consider these areas. Where are you out of balance? Which aspects do you need to focus on more?